The Brassworks makes T bucket radiators in dimensions consistent with Model Ts used in 1911-1916. The best looking polished brass T Bucket radiator available with four rows of staggered tubes and imported Tellurium copper that keep engines cool. Handformed top tanks of .040 brass help prevent the unattractive tank "bulge" found in the market. Embossed impressions in each fin between each tube reduces surface drag and tumbles air as it passes through creating optimal cooling.
Looking for a Shorty T-Bucket or custom chopped core? We make all our own cores so we can chop (or grow core height), widen or narrow the width get the cooling you need and the look you want. We also handform fan shrouds in brass or steel and install fan assemblies. We can fabricate custom polished sidewalls and polished brass overflow tubes in vertical and horizontal designs. Pricing is based on time and materials.
How about a radiator a little thicker in the middle like The Fat Boy, a double core radiator with a common header for both cores? It creates a thicker than normal core depth. We also handform fan shrouds in brass or steel, install fan assemblies and fabricate polished brass overflow tanks in vertical and horizontal designs. Many T buckets have modifications. Some add no time and there is no charge. If however you make a change than incurs incremental time your price will be based on time and materials.
In the past, we have built T buckets for cars with stock Model T hoods and curled front trim pieces, inline filler necks, mixed metals of brass and German Silver, and created custom die stamps for the tank face. We have used chemicals to "quick-patina" radiators so they look a hundred years old and had cores colors painted to match the vehicle body color. Each T bucket is an expression of the owner and reflects his unique personality. Please let our photos serve as a means to begin a conversation about your build.
Features of the Brass Era style T Bucket Radiator include:
- Designed for stock Model T frames - modifications to width dimensions may incur more time and cost
- Modern efficient copper core design with 10 fins per inch
- Cores are available in 2-5/8" 3 row core, 3-1/2" 4 row core or combinations for larger cores
- 3/4" seamless weld tubes in a staggered array to disrupt airflow laterally
- Top tanks are constructed of three pieces of .040 Brass
- A three piece tank design is intended of a maximum pressure of 4 psi
- Square trim is standard but front trim may be rounded like the 1911-1916 Model T for additional fee
- Riveted brass era Model T necks of 1-13/16" or 2-1/2"
- Cores are painted flat black to aid in heat exchange
About the ordering process:
- We do not stock radiators. Every radiator is made to order and they require time to construct. Please plan accordingly.
- Please note special requirements in the comments section e.g. chopped radiators, maximum fan depths, fan shrouds, patina-not-painted finish, polished brass or german silver etc.
- If you do not see what you are looking for that does not mean it cannot be done, it just means it is not listed on the website.
- We will price out your custom modifications and you may be asked further questions while a drawing is prepared.
- We require a signed approval on a drawing and estimate for a custom build.
- We will do our best to estimate the time of construction. It is a best estimate based on what is presently in our queue.
- If you would like to speak with us before ordering you may create an account and save the item in the shopping cart. We can discuss it before you submit your order.